About the Agency
The Area Agency on Aging for North Florida is one of the eleven Area Agencies on Aging in Florida. As mandated by the Older Americans Act, Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) have responsibility for development of planning for all aging issues in their respective Planning and Service Area. We are a private non-profit corporation that contracts with the State of Florida Department of Elder Affairs to administer federal and state programs for seniors and their caregivers in a fourteen county Planning and Service Area (PSA).
The role of the AAA is to accomplish the following:
- Develop a comprehensive and coordinated community-based system of care. This is accomplished through planning from a needs assessment, contracting with CCE lead agencies to provide direct client care, and advocacy for increased federal, state and local funding for services.
- Develop and implement the Area Plan.
- Develop grants and contracts with community agencies for direct service provision.
- Provide monitoring and technical assistance to service providers; and
- Serve as the advocate for elders within each planning and service area.
The mission of the Area Agency on Aging for North Florida, Inc. is to plan, coordinate, and advocate for programs and services which promote the independence, dignity, health, and well being of seniors and caregivers.